The Center for Child Protection and Family Support’s Professional Training Program is a fee-for-service program known as the Center Training Academy (CTA). Training is designed to teach basic, intermediate and advance knowledge, skills, and values about working with children and youth.
The focus is on the prevention of child abuse and neglect, health promotion, and interactions with children to prevent trauma. CTA also teaches how to use this knowledge to support children’s safety and well-being through case scenarios, didactics, the use of audio visuals, and group discussions.
• Child Abuse and Neglect
• Children with Special Needs
• Discipline and Behavior Management
• Illness Prevention
• Health and Nutrition
• Medication Administration and Child Health Records
• Food Handling and Sanitation
• Pre-K Curriculum on Child Safety